Document Type : RESEARCH PAPER
1 Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, London, England, UK
2 Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, England, UK
3 Barnet Hospital, Royal Free NHS Foundation Trust, London, England UK
3. COVID-19 Coronavirus Cases [Internet]. 2021 ,[updated 09/12/2020;]. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/.
4. Staying at home and away from others (social distancing) [Internet].2020. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others
5. Leon DA, Jarvis CI, Johnson AM, Smeeth L, Shkolnikov VM. What can trends in hospital deaths from COVID-19 tell us about the progress and peak of the pandemic? An analysis of death counts from England announced up to 20 April 2020. medRxiv. 2020.
6. Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK alert level [Internet]. 2020. Available from: https://gov.wales/update-from-the-uk-chief-medical-officers-on-the-uk-alert-level.
7. National lockdown: Stay at Home [Internet].2021. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home.
8. Morgan C, Ahluwalia AK, Aframian A, Li L, Sun SNM. The impact of the novel coronavirus on trauma and orthopaedics in the UK. Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2020; 81(4):1-6.
9. Management of patients with urgent orthopaedic conditions and trauma during the coronavirus pandemic [Internet]. 2020. Available from: https://www.boa.ac.uk/uploads/assets/ee39d8a8-9457-4533-9774e973c835246d/COVID-19-BOASTs-Combined-v1FINAL.pdf.
10. Curtis EM, van der Velde R, Moon RJ, van den Bergh JP, Geusens P, de Vries F, et al. Epidemiology of fractures in the United Kingdom 1988-2012: Variation with age, sex, geography, ethnicity and socioeconomic status. Bone. 2016; 87:19-26.
11. Andrea P, Andrea DC, Maria NA, Chiara S, Sandra P. How hand and wrist trauma has changed during covid-19 emergency in Italy: Incidence and distribution of acute injuries. What to learn? J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2021; 12(1):22-26
12. Dean BJ. Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing upper extremity surgery at the peak of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic in the UK: a national cohort study. BMJ Quality & Safety. 2021 Apr 1;30(4):283-91.
13. Diamond S, Lundy JB, Weber EL, Lalezari S, Rafijah G, Leis A, et al. A Call to Arms: Emergency Hand and Upper-Extremity Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic. J Hand Surg Glob Online. 2020;2(4):175-81.
14. Pichard R, Kopel L, Lejeune Q, Masmoudi R, Masmejean EH. Impact of the COronaVIrus Disease 2019 lockdown on hand and upper limb emergencies: experience of a referred university trauma hand centre in Paris, France. Int Orthop. 2020;44(8):1497-501.
15. National Health Service. Main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) [Internet]. 2021; Accessed 12/8, 2021.Available from: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/main-symptoms/.
16. Ootes D, Lambers KT, Ring DC. The epidemiology of upper
extremity injuries presenting to the emergency department in the United States. Hand (N Y). 2012;7(1):18-22.
17. Rennie L, Court-Brown CM, Mok JY, Beattie TF. The epidemiology of fractures in children. Injury. 2007;38(8):913-22.
18. Murphy T, Akehurst H, Mutimer J. Impact of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic on the workload of the orthopaedic service in a busy UK district general hospital. Injury. 2020;51(10):2142-7.
19. Park C, Sugand K, Nathwani D, Bhattacharya R, Sarraf KM. Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on orthopedic trauma workload in a London level 1 trauma center: the “golden month” The COVid Emergency Related Trauma and orthopaedics (COVERT) Collaborative. Acta orthopaedica. 2020;91(5):556-61.
20. Sugand K, Park C, Morgan C, Dyke R, Aframian A, Hulme A, et al. Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on paediatric orthopaedic trauma workload in central London: a multi-centre longitudinal observational study over the “golden weeks” The COVid Emergency Related Trauma and orthopaedics (COVERT) Collaborative. Acta Orthopaedica. 2020;91(6):633-8.
21. £2 billion package to create new era for cycling and walking [Internet].2020. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/2-billion-package-to-create-new-era-for-cycling-and-walking
22. COVIDSurg Collaborative. Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing surgery with perioperative SARS-CoV-2 infection: an international cohort study. Lancet. 2020;396(10243):27-38.
23. Zhou F, Yu T, Du R, Fan G, Liu Y, Liu Z, et al. Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet. 2020;395(10229):1054-62.
24. Carter B, Collins JT, Barlow-Pay F, Rickard F, Bruce E, Verduri A, et al. Nosocomial COVID-19 infection: examining the risk of mortality. The COPE-Nosocomial Study (COVID in Older PEople). Journal of Hospital Infection. 2020;106(2):376-84.
25. Trowbridge S, Wignadasan W, Davenport D, Sarker S, Hunter A, Gidwani S. Is it safe to restart elective day-case surgery? Lessons learned from upper limb ambulatory trauma during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2020;11(Suppl 5):S700-3.
26. Dattani R, Morgan C, Li L, Bennett-Brown K, Wharton RM. The impact of COVID-19 on the future of orthopaedic training in the UK. Acta Orthopaedica. 2020;91(6):627-32.
27. Watson J, Whiting PF, Brush JE. Interpreting a covid-19 test result. BMJ. 2020;369:m1808.
28. Arevalo-Rodriguez I, Buitrago-Garcia D, Simancas-Racines D, Zambrano-Achig P, Del Campo R, Ciapponi A, et al. False-negative results of initial RT-PCR assays for COVID-19: a systematic review. PloS one. 2020;15(12):e0242958.
29. Lauer SA, Grantz KH, Bi Q, Jones FK, Zheng Q, Meredith HR, et al. The Incubation Period of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) From Publicly Reported Confirmed Cases: Estimation and Application. Ann Intern Med. 2020;172(9):577-82.