1. Wartman SA, Morlock LL, Malitz FE, Palm EA. Patient
understanding and satisfaction as predictors of
compliance. Med Care. 1983; 21(9):886-91.
2. Broken. Merriam-Webster.com. Available at: URL:
3. Ashida S, Goodman M, Pandya C, Koehly LM,
Lachance C, Stafford J, et al. Age differences in genetic
knowledge, health literacy and causal beliefs for
health conditions. Public Health Genomics. 2010;
4. Chaudhry SI, Herrin J, Phillips C, Butler J, Mukerjhee
S, Murillo J, et al. Racial disparities in health literacy
and access to care among patients with heart failure. J
Card Fail. 2011; 17(2):122-7.
5. van der Heide I, Wang J, Droomers M, Spreeuwenberg
P, Rademakers J, Uiters E. The relationship between
health, education, and health literacy: results from the
Dutch Adult Literacy and Life Skills Survey. J Health
Commun. 2013; 18(Suppl 1):172-84.
6. Yamashita T, Kunkel SR. An international comparison
of the association among literacy, education, and
health across the United States, Canada, Switzerland,
Italy, Norway, and Bermuda: implications for health
disparities. J Health Commun. 2015; 20(4):406-15.